[CentOS] 5.5 & gspca

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 23:46:29 UTC 2010

On 06/11/2010 10:38 PM, JohnS wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 17:10 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> Kernel. gspcs is a module, used by the motion daemon.
>

> Quick Search found this for el5.  You could get the src rpm and rebuild
> it for all machines.  Or test a binary out first with one.  No idea the
> version that was compiled or against what just found it.
> http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/gspca/
>
> You know 2007 is a good while ago and there are many compiler changes in
> between the time.  I say it may be something getting introduced from the
> current compiler methods that is not supported now.

The standalone gspca code is old and deprecated. It's now maintained as
part of the Video4Linux v4l-dvb tree here:

http://linuxtv.org/

Elrepo.org has a version built for el5 that supports many gspca based
devices:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-video4linux

The most recent version, compiled from a 2010-04-10 snapshot, is in the
testing repo here:

http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/

if you are looking for newer drivers.