[CentOS] Increasing NFS Performance

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 22 10:33:16 UTC 2010

On 22/06/2010 09:52, lhecking at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>  So, this is CentOS 5.0 or 5.1. You should upgrade to at least CentOS 5.2. The
>  5.2 kernel fixes serious performance problems with NFS.

I agree, getting to the latest distro packages is a good idea. There
were some nfs issues in < 5.2 and then again for a short while during
the span of 5.4 there were issues. Mostly fixed afaik in 5.5 tree's.[1]

- KB

[1]: dont have the numbers on hand, but it shouldnt be too hard to just
install the latest kernels and do some tests.