[CentOS] Centos 5.4 DNS resolution issue

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:34:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 01:25 +0530, Gaurav N. wrote:
> UPDATE:
>

> I tried with FreeBSD8 as well and the DNS query didn't work. This is
> beginning to look more and more like an issue with
> my UTStarcom WA3002G4 ADSL2+ Router and its NAT config or the lack of
> it.
>

> My setup and the ip addresses:
> Router         192.168.1.1
> Windows      192.168.1.2
> Centos 5.4   192.168.1.3
> FreeBSD8    192.168.1.4
>

> The windows host works fine with no issues with DNS queries.
---
Hey do this for me since nothing seems to work.  Log into your DSL
Modem/Router and get your DNS server IP Addresses and put them into:
resolve.conf
nameserver x.x.x.x
nameserver x.x.x.x

I have had certain router/modems that i have installed and have had to
do this because dhcp would not get the nameservers.

John