[CentOS] Update successful. Thanks.

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 15 20:34:07 UTC 2010

On 05/15/2010 02:49 PM, E Westphal informed us:
> Ditto here as well. All 133 packages updated without a problem. When
> re-booting, got a 'warning' that kdump had to rebuild. Once that
> completed, everything seems as it was before. Yes, things do seem a
> little 'snappier' - maybe it's only a delusion brought about by
> wishful thinking - I like it when it happens though.
I thought I noticed "snappier", too.  Only problem I had was that I
stupidly failed to change xorg.conf to not use proprietary driver before
rebooting.  They say cross-pollination will fair eat your lunch.  :-(
Only disappointment so far is that lm_sensors still doesn't grok the AMD
K-10 thermal sensors - a situation I grumble about even as I file it in
the "beggars can't be choosers" folder.

Thanks Karanbir and whoever else worked on this release!