[CentOS] Update successful. Thanks.

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sat May 15 22:05:14 UTC 2010

Robert wrote:

<snip>

> Only disappointment so far is that lm_sensors still doesn't grok the AMD
> K-10 thermal sensors - a situation I grumble about even as I file it in
> the "beggars can't be choosers" folder.

That's because your kernel does not have a k10temp driver - it was only
introduced into the mainline kernel around 2.6.32. There is a backported
driver in ELRepo:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-k10temp

yum install kmod-k10temp

Red Hat did do a huge backport refresh of the /hwmon tree in el5.5, but
they pulled from around kernel-2.6.26 which was before k10temp made it
into the mainline kernel.

Hope that helps.