[CentOS] Centos 4 and cgiemail

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Thu Nov 18 17:08:14 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 10:15 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
> It all depends very much on how the web server is configured. Do you
> know if the web server is configured to run CGI programs? Do you have
> access to the Apache configuration files? (Actually, is the server
> running Apache?)
>
> What value have you given the "action" attribute on the form element?
> You say that the CGI program is in the cgi-bin directory - was that
> directory there before, or did you create it yourself? Are there any
> other cgi-bin directories in the web area on the server?

<<<  Do you know if the web server is configured to run CGI programs?>>>
The server is in my office running Centos 4, however I am not sure how to check to see if it is configured to run CGI.

<<<  Do you have access to the Apache configuration files? (Actually, is the server
running Apache?)>>>
Yes, it is running Apache and I have complete access.

<<<  What value have you given the "action" attribute on the form element?>>>
<form action="http://www.toddcary.com/srjc_CIS50_11B/lesson_6/cgi-bin/cgiecho/template.txt" method="post">

The template.txt file is at
http://www.toddcary.com/srjc_CIS50_11B/lesson_6/template.txt

The cgi is at
http://www.toddcary.com/srjc_CIS50_11B/lesson_6/cgi-bin/cgiecho

This is the error:
The requested URL /srjc_CIS50_11B/lesson_6/cgi-bin/cgiecho/template.txt was not found on this server

<<<  You say that the CGI program is in the cgi-bin directory - was that
directory there before, or did you create it yourself?>>>
I created the directory as part of the project.

<<<  Are there any other cgi-bin directories in the web area on the server?>>>
No other cgi-bin directories in the Web area.

Todd

--
Ariste Software
Petaluma, CA 94952