[CentOS] How to install PHP PEAR stuff best?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 03:48:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Alexander Farber
<alexander.farber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello CentOS users,
>
> I'm using gChartPhp by having copied it into /var/www/html dir.
>
> It works ok, but I wonder how to better install/organize/maintain PEAR
> "packages" under CentOS?

Review, and learn to write your own, PHP RPM's. That brings them into
the already existing dependency and update management available. You
can set "yum" to look in your local Yum repository as well for
updates.

Make sure to publish your own package updates to EPEL or RPMforge for
packages that are not part of the core, upstream RHEL distribution. I
love CentOS extas, but the updates for tools like "mock" are too out
of date to be usable for me, so I rely on EPEL and RPMforge.