[CentOS] How to install PHP PEAR stuff best?

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:09:09 UTC 2010

Maybe I should just copy gChartPhp's files here:

# ls GChartPhp/PEAR/
gBarChart.php            gMapChart.php            gScatterChart.php
gChart.php               gMeterChart.php          gStackedBarChart.php
gConcentricPieChart.php  gOverlappedBarChart.php  gVennDiagram.php
gFormula.php             gPie3DChart.php          utility.php
gGroupedBarChart.php     gPieChart.php
gLineChart.php           gQRCode.php

into /usr/share/pear/PEAR?

With perl I install additional modules (those which aren't
available as rpm's yet) easily with "perl -MCpan -e shell"

But with PHP stuff I'm lost. I'm not sure if I can just copy files
into /usr/share/pear without updating some housekeeping files...

Regards
Alex