[CentOS] LDAP authentication on a remote server (via ldaps://)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 6 11:17:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 10:24:44AM +0200, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Now, I have a few servers in our local office and I would like them to
> authenticate from the remote LDAP server using encryption via
> ldaps://.
> (at this stage, without using client-side certificate)
>
> I have run a similar command as I did on the remote servers, replacing
> ldap://localldapserver by ldaps://ldap.mycompany.com:
> authconfig --enableldap --enableldapauth --enablecache
> --enablemkhomedir --ldapserver=ldaps://ldap.mycompany.com
> --enableldaptls --ldapbasedn=dc=mycompany,dc=com --passalgo=sha256
> --updateall

Did you, on the server, change the new, undocumented, /etc/sysconfig/ldap
file's entry for SLAPD_LDAPS and restart the ldap service on the server?

(It's documented in the CentOS wiki's FAQ, however, apparently no one at
RH figured it merited mention.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: I laugh in the face of danger.  Then I hide until it
goes away