[CentOS] LDAP authentication on a remote server (via ldaps://)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Oct 6 13:32:03 UTC 2010

> Did you, on the server, change the new, undocumented, /etc/sysconfig/ldap
> file's entry for SLAPD_LDAPS and restart the ldap service on the server?

This settings was indeed set to no.

What is funny though is that I actually can connect to the ldaps port
without it (since ldapsearch -x is working and I can also connect via
ldaps using a graphical client, and the plain ldap port is closed by
the firewall)

I changed the settings to yes and restarted the service, but it did
not change anything.