[CentOS] Software bridge setup in RHEL 5/CentOS 5 questions, possible bug.

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Sat Oct 9 20:02:55 EDT 2010

> My question:  Which is wrong?  The documentation for setting up a
> software bridge? OR /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth?

I've a number of functioning software bridges, none of which are in
promiscuous mode.

Looking at /usr/share/doc/initscripts-8.45.30/sysconfig.txt, there used
to be PROMISC=yes|no option but its now marked as "No longer supported"

Perhaps newer bridge code no longer needs it and your documentation is
now out of date?

Kal