[CentOS] using Linux as a front-end controller for a SAN?

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Tue Oct 12 17:54:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Has anyone tried,
>or have experience with, setting up a Linux server to manage a few NAS
>devices and thus make them all visible to the clients as one large
>SAN?

I don't know about Linux solutions for this, but I did see what
appeared to be an interesting solution for this at a WMware
meeting recently.  Falconstor Software virtualizes SAN storage in
much the same way VMware virtualizes servers.  My guess is it
isn't cheap, but reinventing wheels can be expensive too.

	http://www.falconstor.com/

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they
want and deserve to get it good and hard. == H.L. Mencken