[CentOS] Can we use gstreamer bad, ugly and ffmpeg packages ( installed using binary rpms) without any legal problems

praveenya kumar

praveenya.g at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:33:50 UTC 2010

Hi

We are using centos 5.3 Operating system. It comes with basic gstreamer
setup including gstreamer, gstreamer-tools, gstreamer-plugins-base and
gstreamer-plugins-good packages. To support different media formats we had
to install gstreamer-plugins-bad, gstreamer-plugins-ugly and
gstreamer-plugins-ffmpeg from third party repository like rpmfusion as
centos repository is not providing these packages. My question is, Can we
use these packages ( bad, ugly and ffmpeg) without any legal or licensing
issues? If No, Please tell the legal way of using them.

thanks
G Praveen