[CentOS] Controlling the order of /dev/sdX devices?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Apr 1 13:17:51 UTC 2011

On Friday, April 01, 2011 04:23:40 am Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Yes, that's why you assign a LABEL to the device :)

According to the OP's initial message, I think he's already doing this:

>> SATA system HDD /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /
>> RAID array              LABEL=STORE      /store         ## mounts ==
>> /dev/sdb1

But I could be wrong.

The issue seemed to be that the udev rule prevented the detection of the LVM on that RAID completely when it came up as /dev/sdd.

The other udev rule in-thread seems to be a possible solution; will be interesting to see if it works.