[CentOS] glibc-2.5-58.el5_6.2.i686 broken?

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:38:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Leonard den Ottolander
<leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:

> Please don't take this the wrong way, but not everybody reads the
> forums. Perhaps it is possible to give a heads up about such breakage
> via the CentOS general or announce mailing list before such a broken
> package is released into the wild? That would actually make it an
> advantage to swim down stream :-) .

Hi Leonard,

When the issue came up for me, I went to CentOS.org with the intent of
posting a question about the bug, but found the announcement right at
the top. I didn't think to echo it on the mailing list because I
always assumed that those on the mailing list were more informed than
those who use the forum. You make a good point. But these upstream
bugs are pretty rare -- the most common problems I've found with
CentOS are issues with the add-on repositories for non-core
applications -- and that's usually a matter of updates in the pipes.

BTW, has anyone been able to figure out a pattern with this particular
bug? My two computers with nVidia video chips have the problem, my
laptop and my brother's computer (both running on Intel video chips)
don't have the problem. I'm curious if all those who have this issue
are using nVidia cards.

Thanks.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6