[CentOS] drop manitu.net

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 11 11:51:59 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 21:36 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
>> Waste of time and resources.  Learn how to properly handle email and
>> none of this nonsense is necessary.
>
> Properly handling emails means, to me, not being too reliant on others
> whose faults and omissions could impair your ability to send and receive
> mail ..... and not being a willing victim of spam ;-)

You don't seem to understand the issue. My hosting provider has
literally hundreds of thousands of domains. The email gets funneled for
all, I assume, except those paying for co-location, through their
heavy-duty mailhost. manitu sees spam coming from that mailhost, and
blocks EVERY EMAIL FROM EVERY DOMAIN that goes through it, even though
none of the rest of us are running windows or spamming....

	marmk

--
If wealth == power and if power corrupts, and absolute power
corrupts absolutely, what is the effect of monopolies and