[CentOS] thunderbird cannot open attached pdf

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Tue Aug 16 17:04:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:

> Odd, evince was installed, I then did a "yum reinstall evince"
> and restarted thunderbird and clicked on the pdf attachment and same
> message.

Hello Jerry. I don't use TB, but under Firefox you can set
which helper applications are associated with a particular
file type. Using Firefox will open the PDF for me with
evince. Maybe you need to set the helper application under
your TB preferences, so TB knows which program to use for
viewing PDF's?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: