[CentOS] thunderbird cannot open attached pdf

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Aug 16 17:44:53 UTC 2011

> Hello Jerry. I don't use TB, but under Firefox you can set
> which helper applications are associated with a particular
> file type. Using Firefox will open the PDF for me with
> evince. Maybe you need to set the helper application under
> your TB preferences, so TB knows which program to use for
> viewing PDF's?
>
> Kind Regards,

Keith,

thanks - I went looking there. I found it, it was set for
"Document Viewer (default)". I tried it again did not work,
I went back in and changed it to "ask me", clicked on my
pdf and it asked me - I selected Document Viewer and it worked.
Go figure!
I even then tried it again and said do automatically and it worked.
Go figure.

Anyway seems good now - thanks for the pointer.

jerry