[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Wed Aug 31 03:43:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 13:30 +1000, Steve Walsh wrote:

> They have not been included, probably because you are running an openVZ
> 'stab' kernel. Failing to give us the complete output in your initial
> post means that anyone helping you is taking blind guesses.

That you for the useful enlightenment. I was unaware it was an OpenVZ. I
thought is was XEN on Ubuntu.

>  As an example, here is the output of uname -a on my C6.0 system;
>
> Linux omg.wtf.bbq.lol.au 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 27
> 19:49:27 BST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> As you can see, it has a little bit more information that the output
> of  he uname -a command you included in your original

Well I cut-out the unnecessary parts and produced a uname -r.
It was the kernel version that interested me. I just happened to know it
is 'Linux' and 'GNU' so did not need a reminder.

> If I google "iptables on openvz", I get the following link from their
> wiki - http://wiki.openvz.org/Setting_up_an_iptables_firewall, have you
> tried that path?

Of course not. My telepathy does not extend beyond half-way down Africa.
If I have known, but I did not know then, about Open VZ then I would
have typed that into Google.

> But, without the full information to start with, it's all conjecture.

I note from your web site you are in to marriage guidance too.

Have a nice day.

Paul.