[CentOS] Perl package problems

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Dec 13 19:53:30 UTC 2011

Vreme: 12/13/2011 06:47 PM, Anne Wilson piše:
> To avoid similar problems in the future, can you give me some guidelines
> for priority settings?  It seems I got it wrong somewhere:-)   Thanks

It is not wise to have third-party repositories overwriting base
packages. This should only be used by hand per package basis.

I have created local repository where I copy packages I wish to replace
and only that "third-party" repository has same priority as official
repositories.

RPMForge (now RepoForge) has "non-violent", or safe repository that
*should not* contain packages that overwrite base packages, and
"violent" repository named "extras" that is meant to overwrite base
packages.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)