[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Wed Feb 16 15:29:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 02:54:14PM +0100, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
>>
>> 2011/2/16 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
>> >

>> No, the sources are here:
>> http://oss.oracle.com/ol6/
>>
>> And the RPMs:
>> http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/0/base/
>
> Note that, according to its FAQ, the repo is only the contents of the
> install media.  It will not provide updates, not even security updates.
>
> To further aggravate me, at least, if no one else, Oracle does not yet
> (as of today, at least), support Oracle Linux 6 as a hardware platform
> for Oracle database.

Well, if you believe in YUM (as I want to and do to the limit of my
understanding), that's not a problem unless Seth Vidal says it is.

That said, I believe there are a couple of hurdles that Oracle threw
in to make it more difficult, but I have watched a lot of Dennis
Miller and could be wrong about that.

kind regards/ldv/rural ISP/WISP