[CentOS] CentOS 6 system-config-bind missing?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Jul 13 05:07:33 UTC 2011

On 07/12/11 9:50 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> It is easy enough to build the forward zones (except for verifying that your MX
> and CNAME entries don't reference other CNAMES), but painful to do the reverse
> ones.  Is there a simple packaged script to do a sanity/syntax check and make
> the reverse zone files for you?

the ones I've seen have been woefully inadequate.   many of my domains
stretch across multiple IP providers, not all of whom I have RDNS on
anyways.

re: cname's, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't use CNAME within your
own domain(s), and only use them if you can't possibly use anything
else...  About the ONLY place I use them is things like aiming a host at
something like google where you HAVE to use a CNAME.