[CentOS] C6 livecd raid detection?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:42:43 UTC 2011

Are there differences in the way CentOS 6.0 handles md raid1 arrays
compared to earlier versions?  After getting my drive with 4k sectors
partitioned with a 64-sector starting offset and working under 5.6 with
about a 20Mb/sec sync rate, I booted with the 6.0 livecd to see if there
would be any improvement, but instead of autodetecting the pairing, it
assembled each partition into its own md device with missing members.
And the sync of the drive with the 4k sectors would only go at about
4Mb/sec (regardless of what I put in /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min
and _max).

What was worse was that booting back to 5.6 left most of the raid pairs
broken, some still having numbers in the md120 range, and one of the
drives with an unrecognizable partition table.  I think I can repair
everything, but did I miss something about this in release notes somewhere?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com