[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Trutwin, Joshua JTRUTWIN at CSBSJU.EDU
Tue Jun 14 15:26:12 UTC 2011

> heck it's still Linux and pretty much the same.

There's a lot more than just a kernel to break a system.

> Red Hat went far too long between releases and it is clear to me that I can't
> possibly rely on CentOS for timeliness.

Maybe I'm just in a different kind of environment, but why do you *need* more frequent releases?  I still run some servers on EL 4 and will only migrate them when they approach End-of-Life status.  They work and are up unless I bring them down.  Security patches are still being pushed out for them.  Sounds like you're looking for a desktop linux - probably best to use Fedora/Ubuntu?

Josh