[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 15 08:27:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 09:19 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> >> new CentOS installs any more. I'm just going to maintain the CentOS 5
> >> installs at this point.
> >>
> >> Holy shit, man!  I'd never, by choice, put in an Ubuntu server. Debian,
> >> sure (though I'm a Red Hat and Red Hat based guy), but Ubuntu? Forget
> >> it!
> >>
> >> I hope you find it as stable and reliable as CentOS.
> > ----
> > heck it's still Linux and pretty much the same.
> >
> > Red Hat went far too long between releases and it is clear to me that I
> > can't possibly rely on CentOS for timeliness.
>
> Timeliness, dunno. Ubuntu (or fedora) for production? NOT IF I HAVE ANY
> CONTROL!!! Given how many developers write incredibly fragile code, that
> is utterly dependent upon a very, very special environment, I guarantee
> that the almost daily updates will break it, or the New Features! will
> have changed interfaces....
----
Actually the company I work for has been switching from CentOS to Ubuntu
- no problems.

The company I worked for last year was switching from CentOS to Ubuntu -
no problems.

I don't know the attrition rate but it has been 100% in the companies I
have worked for the past 2 years.

I think that some people just get their thinking locked into a specific
notion and won't let go.

Craig

believed to be clean.