[CentOS] CentOS6 yum-plugin-fastestmirror spectacular failure

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 25 20:15:26 UTC 2011

> most machines would have base and updates and extras enabled, so you
> will see those being listed as mirror lists are handed out.
>
> open a bugreport at bugs.centos.org if you think the geoip lookup is
> getting it wrong ( include the ip you are connecting from ).

 Do you know how exactly geoip lookup is handled, and whether it changed
 recently? I just went to check my CentOS5 systems to prove there is a
 difference, and alas, they too now default to Asia :-/ This was not
 the case up to a few days ago. In fact, I just removed a good timedhosts.txt
 from two days ago, ran yum update, and found the same Asian hosts as on
 the CentOS6 box.