[CentOS] Odd issue with C6 and rsh

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Tue Oct 11 05:12:31 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| On 10/10/11 9:39 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > It looks like I am also having trouble with rsh on C6 ...
|

| rsh was deprecated 10+ years ago, along with all the other r things...
| they aren't even remotely secure and using them is sloppy practice,
| even
| on a private network.
|

| --
| john r pierce N 37, W 122
| santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Tell that to the engineering software vendors who require the service in order to properly operate.  If I didn't already know that, obviously I wouldn't be posting this as I use SSH keys for most other services.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have