[CentOS] Odd issue with C6 and rsh

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:37:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:
> [...]

I am exactly in the same situation. Our IT department allows access to
their tape archiver only by way of '/usr/bin/rsh server command'. For
well >15 years now.

In my case, what I needed to get it to work was :

(1) install /usr/bin/rsh by 'yum install rsh'

(2) Add the following to iptables :

-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp -s [server IP] --dport
1011:1023 -j ACCEPT

You may want to adjust the port range by examining the ports used for
inbound connections from the server.

Hope this helps,

Akemi