[CentOS] zoneminder-1.24.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Sep 29 23:18:33 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:28:38 AM Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >ftp://ftp.muug.mb.ca/mirror/fedora/linux/updates/testing/15/SRPMS/zoneminder
> >-1.24.4-3.fc15.src.rpm
>
> My bad, thought you had to modify the spec...
> There were some recent changes to a bz I was following that got resolved which
> got me thinking now that CentOS 6 is out I should get this done.

And without a whole lot of effort, this is doable with mock (as installed from EPEL; you can get everything you need by installing fedora-packager).  You need the following packages in a local mock repo, all rebuilt with 'mock --rebuild' from the F15 source RPM's grabbed from an F15 mirror:

perl-PHP-Serialization-0.34-2.el6.noarch.rpm
perl-Sys-Mmap-0.14-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
perl-Sys-Mmap-debuginfo-0.14-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

(the debuginfo not really required).

You'll need to use createrepo on the lock mock repo; edit the appropriate /etc/mock config (in my case, /etc/mock/epel-6-x86_64.cfg) to make the local repo have:
baseurl=file:///path/to/your/local/repo/

In my case, this was /var/lib/mock/localrepo:
baseurl=file:///var/lib/mock/localrepo/

If you want CR included in the buildroot you'll need to add it to the mock config; you'll want to expand out the $releasever and $basearch yourself.

Also, you need to issue 'mock --install perl-Time-HiRes' since the F15 ZoneMinder package doesn't call that out as a buildrequires, but it is in fact required (F14 at least provides perl(Time::HiRes) in the perl package, but C6 provides it in perl-Time-HiRes).  And you need to do the mock rebuild of the zoneminder source RPM with --no-clean after the mock --install...

But I was able to get this to build.  I have not yet installed it; that's the next step.