[CentOS] zoneminder-1.24.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Fri Sep 30 00:17:30 UTC 2011

This was my first attempt to rebuild a source rpm. It worked, it installed
and I'm stunned it runs. :-)

This weekend, I will pull my video capture card and install it in my new
server. I don't see any reason, at this point, it won't work, unless there
is a problem with this 32 bit PCI card.

What is a fedora-packager? It seems your method may be less time consuming
as it took me several hours to 'look for' and install the dependencies.

> perl-PHP-Serialization-0.34-2.el6.noarch.rpm
> perl-Sys-Mmap-0.14-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
> perl-Sys-Mmap-debuginfo-0.14-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

I had to install a lot more than that but it was a fresh CentOS 6 install
that didn't have a lot of perl modules installed.

> (the debuginfo not really required).
>
> You'll need to use createrepo on the lock mock repo; edit the
> appropriate /etc/mock config (in my case,
> /etc/mock/epel-6-x86_64.cfg) to make the local repo have:
> baseurl=file:///path/to/your/local/repo/
>
> In my case, this was /var/lib/mock/localrepo:
> baseurl=file:///var/lib/mock/localrepo/

I have nothing in /var/lib/mock

> If you want CR included in the buildroot you'll need to add
> it to the mock config; you'll want to expand out the
> $releasever and $basearch yourself.
>
> Also, you need to issue 'mock --install perl-Time-HiRes'
> since the F15 ZoneMinder package doesn't call that out as a
> buildrequires, but it is in fact required (F14 at least
> provides perl(Time::HiRes) in the perl package, but C6
> provides it in perl-Time-HiRes).  And you need to do the mock
> rebuild of the zoneminder source RPM with --no-clean after
> the mock --install...

OK, you just lost me.

> But I was able to get this to build.  I have not yet
> installed it; that's the next step.

It would be nice to have all the requires built into the .rpm as mailscanner
provides but I'm sure that's some serious stuff I'd never be able to learn
on my own.

Zoneminder is a nice application. I wish the CentOS Community could make it
an 'extra'. Can't tell you the peace of mind I have when I'm out of town and
can check on my furry, four legged children.