[CentOS] Question about storage for virtualisation

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:56:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> _TODAY_ (where I have an MMC card in my wallet that's almost 1000 times
> bigger than that old hard disk!) the rationale for a / and /usr split is a
> lot less.

No it isn't.  There are still good reasons to not require unnecessary
stuff on your boot device in spite of the fact that you've managed to
find one way to work around the problem on one kind of hardware at a
cost you can afford.   And the the Linux layout pretty much forces
everyone else to do the same.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com