[CentOS] after last update google-chrome no runs anymore

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Jul 4 09:00:05 UTC 2012

Hello Gary,

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 11:46 +0300, Gary Trotcko wrote:
> The bzip2-libs is installed at my system but libbz2.so.1.0 didn't
> exist so I've created symlink and it hasn't effect:
> $ ldd /opt/google/chrome/chrome | grep libbz
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
> 	libbz2.so.1.0 => /lib/libbz2.so.1.0 (0x001af000)

Ok, so adding that symlink does not make Chrome happy to the point where
it starts working? Still that requirement is a bug and suggests that
google uses an unclean (i.e. patched) build system, not a stock RHEL or
CentOS.

As people pointed out that libz warning in itself is probably harmless.

All that is left is to repeat my advise: If the suggestions given here
do not fix your issue you might want to take it to a Chrome specific
list. If you do take your issue there, please mention the bogus
requirement on libbz2.so.1.0 and point out that that link is *not*
available on stock CentOS 6 (and in all likeliness neither on RHEL 6)
systems.

Regards,
Leonard.