[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:15:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> <snip>
>>> The gov laptop is at home. I turn it on *only* when I have to....
>>
>> I like lots of pixels in front of me so I park my laptop beside the
>> desktop and run synergy on both to share the desktop keyboard/mouse
>> and get cut/paste across them.  Now my desktop is also windows but
>> normally running NX to a server's freenx session so it might as well
>> be linux - and in the past I've done the same with a linux desktop.
>>
> You don't have twinview (ok, that's an NVidia-ism), with two monitors?
> Most folks here, and where I've worked before, do.

Yes, the desktop has 2 23" monitors of its own. You just can't have
too much screen space...  Or maybe it is just that I'm not organized
and I like to leave windows open.  Or cached efficiently, the way I
think of it.

>> And actually, the webmail interface on current exchange servers isn't
>> that bad either.
>
> Actually, it is - when I delete a message, it moves to the next, not to
> the list.

You must not have the same version.  I get a 3-pane layout so it's not
a choice of list or message. In fact I think it is exactly the same
layout as the default in outlook 10, including the search box at the
top of the header list.

> But I really don't like webmail, even if that's what I'm using
> for this account from work (keeping my mail off their computers).

Gmail and current exchange versions aren't much like old-style
webmail.  There are still some slight differences like the
search-as-you-type in the outlook/tbird apps, where the web
counterparts wait until you finish, but multi-select, drag/drop and
other app-like operations work in the exchange web interface, and
gmail has a lot of configuration options about what to do next when
you delete, etc.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com