[CentOS] kernel autoconfigure ?

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Tue Mar 27 10:54:25 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 05:48 AM, admin lewis wrote:
> 2012/3/27 Johnny Hughes<johnny at centos.org>:
>> On 03/26/2012 04:45 PM, admin lewis wrote:
>>> Anyone know if there is a kernel autoconfigure tool to compile from source ?
>>> thanks
>>> luigi
>> What are you trying to accomplish.
>>
> Simply I want enable grsecurity. I downloaded vanilla kernel and
> grsecurity patch but I dont want reconfigure every kernel options..
> because it's too long read and understand every feature of the kernel.
> Also I want disable all modules I dont need. Finally I dont want
> initrd.
> Thanks very much for any help
> luigi

I actually asked this question on the kernel mailing list and someone pointed me to a tool that would
look at you current running system an generate a config file. Only problem is if there are features you
may want in the future that are modules and aren't loaded currently, they don't get configured.

This was a year or so ago and I don't remember the tool's name though.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com