[CentOS] kernel autoconfigure ?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:18:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM, admin lewis <adminlewis at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/27 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
>> On 03/26/2012 04:45 PM, admin lewis wrote:
>>> Anyone know if there is a kernel autoconfigure tool to compile from source ?
>>> thanks
>>> luigi
>>
>> What are you trying to accomplish.

> Simply I want enable grsecurity. I downloaded vanilla kernel and
> grsecurity patch but I dont want reconfigure every kernel options..
> because it's too long read and understand every feature of the kernel.
> Also I want disable all modules I dont need. Finally I dont want
> initrd.

If your goal is to build a vanilla kernel that runs on CentOS, look at
kernel-ml as suggested by Phil:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml

Yes, someone (Alan Bartlett) did the heavy lifting to elaborate the
config file for both el5 and el6. You should be able to modify it to
accommodate your needs fairly easily.

Akemi