[CentOS] CentOS 6.3 - KDE login screen configuration problems

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 17:32:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 21:04 -0500, Ted Miller wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 07:25 AM, John Horne wrote:

> > The problem is that we would like to configure the login screen, so that
> > it does not show the user list, that it does not allow the shutdown or
> > reboot commands (from the login screen), and if possible to remove the
> > 30 second confirmation timer that occurs when logout (via 'leave') is
> > selected.
> >
> > I have gone into the 'System settings->Advanced->Login screen', and
> > disabled both local and remote shutdowns and reboots. I have also
> > disabled the showing of the user list, and disabled logout
> > confirmations.
> >

> Are you actually using KDE login?  I believe that by default Centos uses
> the GDM Gnome login, even when you install KDE.  I am running Centos6 with
> KDE, but I am quite certain that my login is still the default.  Before
> upgrading this machine I was running Centos5, and I jumped through a bunch
> of hoops to enable the KDE login screen, KDM.  I just checked, KDM is
> installed, but I am quite certain it is not enabled.

Hello,

I basically set the same settings, using the same method, as I did for
my Fedora PC. As said, that works. So configuring KDE using the 'system
settings' works in Fedora, but not in CentOS.

Thanks for the links, I'll take a look at those tomorrow.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001