[CentOS] selinux policy and httpd

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 21 13:08:28 UTC 2012

On 11/21/12 00:55, Banyan He wrote:
> On 2012-11-21 4:56 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> I upgraded a development server last week, and it started spewing selinux
>> errors to the log. I googled. What finally *seems* to have stopped it was
>> a) setsebool -P httpd_setrlimit 1
>> b) yum downgrade selinux-policy\*
>>
>> This is on a 6.3 box. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

 > what's the error? How do you produce it?

1. Please don't top post.
2. I'm an admin these days, not a developer. I don't "produce" it,
someone's presumably doing something, and I see the logs fill up. I
haven't dug down into what's doing it; I'm perplexed as to why it's
suddenly happening.

Dan Walsh suggests I may have only needed to set the boolean; if that's
the case, then I question why the upgrade of the package didn't do that.

	mark