[CentOS] DNS search in anaconda

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Fri Feb 15 17:21:12 UTC 2013

I could be the issue is thus (i have worked around it but its not clean enough for my liking)

i have a service that runs under SSL that is a global service that resolves locally - That is in dc A the IP is different to dc B however the service sits behind the same SSL certs that are non domain specific meaning that if i append a domain then you'll get a certificate mismatch. In all situations apart from kickstart this is fine as a local resolver can sort out the destination of the service based on the search domain, anaconda cant.

It seems a bit annoying i can manually specify a resolver to anaconda but not a search domain - its a non issue now, but an annoyance.

cheers