[CentOS] Samba authentication against 389 DS

Todor Petkov zakk at online.bg
Wed Feb 27 20:46:20 UTC 2013

On 27/02/2013 06:18 PM, Craig White wrote:

> ----
> all of the known methods require an unencrypted value to then hash
> for LDAP sambaNTPassword and there is no way to take an encrypted
> value from userPassword and convert it to sambaNTPassword
>
> Craig

Yeah, I know. I read many threads in 389-DS mailing list. I just wanted
to be sure that there is no way to tell Samba 'use password instead of
sambantpassword' before looking for other software for file sharing (not
that I will expect to find any, everything nowdays is using some DB for
users)

Thanks for the help to all who responded, I appreciate it.