[CentOS] dmesg and syslog errors in CentOS 6.4 on Dell R720 server

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:23:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> On 09/28/13 14:39, SilverTip257 wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
> > <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
> >>>

> > <...snipped...>
> >
> > I suspect that the members of the CentOS list have either not experienced
> > this problem, don't have the hardware you're using, or both are true.
>
> No, we have a few R720's. I've not seen that problem. Couple of things:
>    1. I assume that the little LCD screen is blue - yes?
>    2. If you boot from a rescue disk, or, for that matter, from the OMSA
>         disk, do you see the same thing?

The OP got a response from a fellow at Dell.
I'm including the response below for the benefit of anyone on the CentOS
list with PowerEdge R720s.

<quote>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 08:26:03 -0700
From: <Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] dmesg and syslog errors in CentOS 6.4
        on      Dell    R720 server
To: <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>, <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
75F7F7632819D94BA80703D8B1F10B6D29CAE71FFC at BLRX7MCDC201.AMER.DELL.COM>

Hello,
There is noting to be alarmed with these "ACPI Error" messages,
>> kernel: ACPI Error: No handler for Region [SYSI]

These messages could imply that there is no code support in CentOS6.4
kernel to handle IPMI region of ACPI tables.

Thanks,
</quote>

>         mark
>

> --
> "One of the most elemental human rights [is] the right to belong to a free
> trade union." -Ronald Reagan presidential address on October 19, 1982
> (rebuking the Soviet gov't on Poland)

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //