[CentOS] Linux malware attack

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Mar 20 12:43:25 UTC 2014

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> If you look at page 66 of the PDF, it tells you how to not get infected
> ... don't allow root logins and don't use passwords.

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

I was slightly surprised to see that PermitRootLogin seems to be set to Yes
by default on CentOS (and also on Fedora).

I'm very ignorant of these matters, but what advantage does this give?
Can't I get to the same place by ssh-ing into the remote machine,
and then su-ing there?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net