[Arm-dev] Help on SElinux

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Aug 13 16:01:47 UTC 2014

I come over here from the RedSleeve-Users list.  RedSleeve's minimal EL6
distribution has SELinux disabled, in part because of no support in the
armv5 kernels.  But I am using an armv7 (Cubieboard2) with the F19
kernel which DOES have SELinux working (I tried it to be sure).  But I
cannot get SELinux working on my RedSleeve build, so I was hoping there
might be some expertise here to find out what is missing.

I have posted my RSEL build guide for the Cubieboard on the Redsleeve
list; I expect that at some point I will be getting it on the wiki.  But
I can supply a compressed SDcard image that will just boot up on a 8Gb
SDcard (minimum size of 7960Mb).  But when I take that image, install:

system-config-securitylevel
selinux-policy
policycoreutils-python

rebooted, and no SElinux running.

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled

And no semanage commands work.  But the config file shows it should be
enforcing.

So can I get some help on this here?  Or do I have to work around no
SELinux support until the group here gets Centos 7 ported to arm.

thanks