[Arm-dev] Getting started / Build machines

D.S. Ljungmark spider at aanstoot.se
Wed Jul 2 20:07:58 UTC 2014

Will Fedora 20 work, or is it F19 or bust? ( the reason I'm asking is
that we have a functional F20 image for them. )

mock configs would be excellent. I'll have to postpone getting it
running for a week or so due to the aforementioned missing
sysadmin-time.

Regards,
  D.S.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 07/01/2014 04:22 PM, D.S. Ljungmark wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I have a bundle of armv7 machines here and quite some interest in
>> running CentOS7 on them at a point not too far into the future.
>
> nice!
>

>> So, given that we have more hardware than sysadmin-time available, but
>> can invest some of our time to this,
>>
>>   What can we do to assist / help?
>
> get a fedora19 armv7 repo up locally, write a mock config to point at
> it, and then run that mock builder against the centos7 srpms.
>
>> Is anyone helped by access to hardware? If so, we can set up the
>> machines to tftp boot and give development access to them over ssh.
>
> it might be most productive to have you just run the mock setup in a
> loop - if you have 20 odd machines running, the entire loop should
> finish fairly quickly, and just iteratively keep running till you get a
> complete cycle with nothing building. Those buildlogs will then be
> interesting to see somewhere, the interim ones might be good to have
> archieved off somewhere.
>
> what we tend to do is have every iteration run its output into its own
> directorty, eg: c6.99.01 might be a good target number to use for the
> first time, then c6.99.02 for the second , and so on.
>
> it it helps,m I can get some mock configs online for you to bootstrap from ?
>
>> Are you more helped by setting up automated build systems? If so, how do
>> I get started (Deployment guide, documentation ,what has to be installed
>> and where do I start would be welcome)
>
> we'd need to do that once we have the code is going to build and work,
> till then just mock by hand is most useful.
>
>> Are things in the point where it can already run and work? If so, where
>> do I find binaries / images to use and test with?
>
> there are a few build loops already run, but feel free to start again -
> that way you have the complete picture, locally.
> - KB
>

> --
> Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

8362 CB14 98AD 11EF CEB6  FA81 FCC3 7674 449E 3CFC