[Arm-dev] Getting started / Build machines

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Thu Jul 3 09:57:10 UTC 2014

F19 is the closest to EL7, so it will make your live much
easier for the first pass. The more you diverge, the
fiddlier the first stage gets, and first stage is always
the fiddliest. Stick with F19 if at all possible.

I'm looking at strapping first pass on F18 for soft-float,
and I'm expecting it to be much less smooth.

I've been through similar with the EL6 build, and in
retrospect I would have saved myself a fair amount of
time if I had built the first pass on F12 rather than
F13, and those were very similar releases.

Gordan