[Arm-dev] Getting started / Build machines

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Jul 3 11:07:09 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014 05:37 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 2014-07-03 11:19, D.S. Ljungmark wrote:
>> Excellent information, I'd love the scripts, and post-weekend sounds as
>> if it'd fit well with my schedule.
>>
>> I'll see about taking the time to document steps as well so we might
>> get
>> a wiki started on how to do this, seems as if there are a few people
>> who
>> have interest, and at least documenting the basics might be good.
> I can't help but think that maybe the best way to work on this would
> be much more in the open. At the moment, Karanbir & Co. are working
> on their own builds, I'm working on mine, and you're planning
> to work on yours, and largely duplicating the work.
>
> In the interest of sharing and efficiency, I think I'll kick off a
> rebuild from scratch this weekend, with the built packages going
> straight to a publicly accessible download point, with continuously
> updated repository metadata.

Gordon,

Once we get the x86_64 version of CentOS 7 out the door ... hopefully in
the next week ... we (CentOS) will start concentrating more on ARM32 as
a group.  We will set everything up to start building to
buildlogs.centos.org just like we have for the x86_64 and i686 arches
for c7.

At that point, we can all work and collaborate to do this together.

In fact, the goal is to have an "Alternative ARCHes" Special Interest
Group so that we do not have to duplicate anything and everything goes
to buildlogs.centos.org and everyone can collaborate and submit patches
to the list ... and we will roll them in.

If you look at git.centos.org in the centos-git-common repo, you will
see that most of the updates have come from the centos-devel mailing
list from people who are not on the CentOS team ...

https://git.centos.org/summary/centos-git-common.git