[Arm-dev] Fedora 19 installed and ready to figure out next step

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jul 29 21:20:24 UTC 2014

I have just built a Fedora 19 SD card for my Cubieboard 2 following:

http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb2/installation/cb2_fedora_19_card_install

The serial console shows:

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
Kernel 3.4.61.sun7i+ on an armv7l (ttyS0)

I have read through the various posts from earlier this month. I wish I
could figure out how to load them into Thunderbird for working with. But
I am basically clueless on the next step.

Gordon said:

Technically, as Karanbir said, you don't have to run F19
on the build host, just use the F19 respository for mock
builds. OTOH, for first pass you may find it a lot faster
to install F19 (install _all_ packages), and instead of
mock, use just straight rpm to build the first pass.

Well I have SOME stuff installed and I really am not getting what next.
I will try and read the old posts again, but cookbooks are best with me
here.

BTW, I WAS working on F21 alpha but found out that SUNXI has not done
the video for this yet and it is listed as 'hard to do'. Since video
SEEMS to work alright (Lxde desktop) with the F19 remix I am leaving
much of F21 alone to work on Centos instead.