[Arm-dev] samba sernet for arm

Nicolas Repentin nicolas at shivaserv.fr
Tue Aug 25 05:31:23 UTC 2015

Hello

I've compiled sernet from the source file present here: https://download.sernet.de/packages/samba/4.2/rhel/7/

You can test the packages installing this repo: http://repo.shivaserv.fr/centos/7/shivaserv-sernet.repo
Or, you can download all rpm packages here and create your own repo :) http://repo.shivaserv.fr/centos/7/sernet/armv7hl/
Nicolas Repentin
24 août 2015 20:07 "Nicolas"  a écrit:

Hello

the srpm is present on the repo, I will try to see if I can create the arm rpm and tell you.

Nicolas Repentin
Le 24 août 2015 19:59, Robert Moskowitz a écrit: Sernet is the integrated Samba software:

http://www.samba.plus (http://www.samba.plus/)

Suppose to have everything you need for an AD, currently based on Samba
4.2. For RHEL/Centos, it has to provide its own Kerberos due to the
different kerberos used by Redhat vs Samba. This is SUPPOSE to be fixed
in Samba 4.3; perhaps this year.

It IS available for Centos7-x86_64 at:

https://portal.enterprisesamba.com (https://portal.enterprisesamba.com/)

But of course no arm builds there. If someone can help me with setting
up the build environment, I would take a hack at building for armv7l. I
don't know what they have done with the various pieces. I probably
could just try for their Samba 4.1 which is the same version in Centos7.

Anyone here interested in helping me out on this?