[Arm-dev] No hurrry - Re: phpmyadmin

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 28 11:57:55 UTC 2015

> I have installed mariadb to develop the dns backend.  Still
> researching what tables are needed, but...
>
> I would like to have phpmyadmin, but that is part of epel.  Could we
> at least start with the noarch rpms from epel7 (there IS an epel7?)
> and grow from there?
>
> I suppose I can bring in the epel7 repo and carefully install only
> noarch rpms...

I FINALLY figured out that sernet samba does the bind-dlv from its own
ldap setup.  All this digging into how bind-dlz works and what database
to setup was not needed.  This is not really documented in the samba
wiki; I am discussing this on the samba list.

SO....

I STILL will need epel7-arm when I work on my mailserver setup.  My
current mailserver is running on RSEL6 on a Cubietruck with
postfix/mysql/dovecot/spamassassin/amavis/roundcube.  That was a real
challenge as there was only a partial epel-rsel6; fortunately what
additional stuff I needed was noarch, so I was able to pull the
individual rpms until done.

Probably a month until I again get all panicy about needing epel  :)