[Arm-dev] What's the best support hardware model ?

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Dec 1 11:43:08 UTC 2015

On 01/12/15 12:38, Andreas Reschke wrote:

> We're *currently* building CentOS 7 images for armv7hl, and what
> we have working/validated so far : - bananapi - cubietruck -
> raspberrypi2
>
> I'd like myself to see it working on Odroid c1, but the fact that
> hardkernel guys don't have it supported in upstream kernel doesn't
> help (and just having it compiling doesn't work on my side -yet- )
>
> Does Fedora just runs fine on your xu4 ? (I mean is that an
> official Fedora image, or a custom one found on internet). If
> that's an official one, chances are high that it can work fine, but
> that would need to be tested
>
> So "stay tuned" .. ;-)

> Thanks all for your replay.
>
> I will compare the Odroid Xu4 with the cubietruck.
>
> @Fabian: Yes, Fedora runs fine on my Odroid XU4 with the Cloudshell
> and the integrated TFT-Display. [root at odroid ~]# uname -a Linux
> odroid.reschke.lan 4.2.0+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 1 13:28:39 CEST
> 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux [root at odroid ~]#
> http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:xu4_building_kernel
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen Andreas Reschke

Well, my question around Fedora was about using the stock image from
Fedora (and so "stock" fedora kernel), but you pointed to the odroid
forum and custom kernel build, so can you clarify if you're running
Fedora "official" image, or a custom one with a custom kernel ?

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab