[Arm-dev] Next set of APM X-Gene patches

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Wed Dec 2 13:30:32 UTC 2015

I've been reasonably head-down on getting the new sources built.

I guess my concern here is the need to merge your config changes in each
iteration. Is there a particular reason for doing it that way? Are you
trying to ensure ordering here?

Also, we'll have the updated builds ready to go in the next few days. I
can run with this for the 3.19 update for now, however we'd need the 4.2
patches reasonably soon. Would that be a problem?

On 12/02/2015 03:44 AM, Phong Vo wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Do you have any feedback?
>
> -Phong
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Phong Vo <pvo at apm.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I am resending the config patch. The change is to use merge.pl to
>> merge config-centos-sig into the final config in SPECS/kernel-aarch64
>> instead of modifying Makefile.config.
>>
>> The patch is against branch 3.19 of git://git.centos.org/sig-altarch/kernel.git
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Phong

>>> Right. It's this modification of the Makefile.config I'm trying to
>>> avoid. The way the configs are combined in the spec file mean that we
>>> don't need to modify it. It's a semantic difference in how the packaging
>>> is done, where I'm trying to reduce or eliminate the need to
>>> modify/touch files provided by rh or in the kernel tarball.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim Perrin
>>> The CentOS Project | http://www.centos.org
>>> twitter: @BitIntegrity | GPG Key: FA09AD77